Bocelli and friends in Lajatico
Bocelli back in his home town in July 2014
July 17 through 21 2014
In July, as the gentle hills are swept by summer breezes and fields of sunflowers bow reverently to the bright blue sky and warm sun, Andrea Bocelli will be coming home to Tuscany once again to hold another sublime concert within Teatro del Silenzio’s spellbinding setting.
Italy’s Finest is thrilled to propose an unrivalled opportunity to experience the very best Tuscany has to offer. Surrounded by dazzling landscapes, discover picturesque villages, indulge in delectable cuisine and award-winning wines and delight in the great Bocelli’s heart-rendering, passionate music.
A fairytale-like program available for only a few selected guests.
- Spend 4 nights in San Gimignano, iconic Tuscan town: with its stunning skyline of ancient towers, it resembles a Medieval New York City! Delight in the magical landscapes staying at the lovely Villa San Paolo, a charming, authentic, Tuscan countryside hotel. Enjoy its grounds, swimming pool and Spa, relax savoring Tuscany’s leisurely rhythms.
- Experience the magic of Bocelli’s concert as a VIP: deluxe transportation and executive seating at the Teatro del Silenzio.
- Discover the world of award-winning wines during a memorable visit to the splendid brand new Antinori cellars, located in the midst of softly rolling hills. The cellars will be open exclusively for your private visit. Led by the estate’s professional staff, enjoy a charming journey into the realm of wine production, learning all about these precious blends and the techniques and secrets that make them so special.
- Enjoy a memorable gastronomic experience dining in the area’s choicest restaurants! Relish Tuscany’s most genuine flavors and aromas, savoring tantalizing premium wines, scrumptious specialties and authentic local character.
- Visit evocative Monteriggioni, one of Tuscany’s most picturesque walled villages, discover spellbinding Volterra and Siena, rich in history, famed architecture and art masterpieces.
Day 1 – Thursday July 17
Independent arrival in San Gimignano, an exquisite town which rises almost magically in a dreamlike landscape of gentle hills. With its striking skyline of perfectly preserved ancient towers, San Gimignano actually resembles a Medieval New York City! The town center, made of quaint cobblestone streets, grand buildings and silent churches, is ideal for leisurely walks and shopping for typical products. Check in at Villa San Paolo, a charming property set among the gently rolling hills outside of the village’s ancient stone walls. Boasting amazing views, a luxuriant garden, lovely swimming pool and comfortable guestrooms, Villa San Paolo offers a genuine Tuscan character and exclusive toiletries made with the olive oil from their own trees. During the afternoon, enjoy the property’s welcoming ambiance: relax, explore the gardens or bask in the warm sunshine beside the shimmering swimming pool. In the evening, experience San Gimignano’s unique ambiance strolling along the quaint stonepaved streets.
Celebrate your first night in Tuscany enjoying the awe-inspiring view and savoring mouth-watering local specialties and delectable wines at il Bel Soggiorno, the town’s best restaurant.
Overnight at Villa San Paolo
Day 2 – Friday July 18
After breakfast at the hotel, depart aboard your private chauffeur-driven deluxe minivan, to reach one of Tuscany’s most exciting and innovative wine havens: the brand new Antinori cellars located in the countryside near the small town of Bargino. These amazing cellars are hosted within a superb futuristic building which perfectly blends into the surrounding landscape. Met and welcomed by the estate’s specialized staff, enjoy an exclusive and thrilling opportunity: a real insider’s look! Visit the didactic vineyard planted with all varieties of Chianti vines located on the cellars’ rooftop. Explore the shady and extensive cellars: these comprise three 75-meter long naves filled with barriques and barrels, which boast a constant 17-degree Celsius temperature, ideal for aging. Take the chance to learn all about the production of the award-winning Antinori wines and delight your taste buds savoring the marvelous nectars right here, were they are produced and aged!
After the wine tasting, proceed to the cellars’ exquisite restaurant, Rinuccio 1180. Relish the choice estate products, amongst which the Antinori’s delectable olive oil, knowingly combined in delicious traditional recipes. Return to San Gimignano after lunch and enjoy some time at leisure to relax.
In the evening private transfer to delightful Monteriggioni, Tuscany’s most stunning Medieval walled village. Explore the square and quaint alleys around it, savoring the town’s rare, ancient, air. Finally, comfortably accommodated at the welcoming tables of Il Pozzo, the town’s best restaurant, dine on succulent typical dishes lovingly prepared with the freshest local products.
Overnight at Villa San Paolo.
Day 3 – Saturday July 19
Morning transfer by deluxe minivan to Siena. Enjoy the chance to explore this picture-perfect town and discover its countless artistic masterpieces led by your private specialized art-historian. Take time to stroll in and about the impressive, sloped Piazza del Campo, seat of the annual exciting Palio horse race. Indulge in seasonal products and enjoy the warm ambiance of the picturesque restaurant Le Logge.
Return to San Gimignano after lunch and enjoy some time at leisure to relax. In the evening private transfer to Badia a Passignano, one of the Antinori family’s most extensive and productive wine estates. The estate comprises a superb Michelin-starred restaurant, the exquisite Osteria di Passignano, specialized in typical Tuscan cuisine, prepared with inventive flair. Delight your senses with top-notch dining and premium wines in the Osteria’s exclusive premises.
Overnight at Villa San Paolo.
Day 4 – Sunday July 20
Morning transfer by deluxe minivan to Volterra. Discover this striking town’s eventful history and splendid art led by your specialized guide. Admire the massive Etruscan walls and marvelous Cathedral, with a superb high altar adorned with sculptures by Mino da Fiesole, and be sure not to miss viewing the luminous alabaster objects which fill the shop windows! After the visit, relish the tastiest local recipes and welcoming premises dining at Enoteca Del Duca, renowned for its extensive wine list and delectable cuisine.
After lunch travel back to San Gimignano and enjoy some time at leisure to prepare for the grand evening which awaits you! Have a light afternoon dinner at the Hotel prior to departing towards Volterra’s heavenly countryside and the Teatro del Silenzio. Admire the concert venue’s unique charm: gentle hills and slopes create a natural amphitheater, an authentic location perfect for a magical musical experience. Enjoy the privilege of executive seats and spend a memorable evening reveling in the pure enchantment and passion of Andrea Bocelli’s voice and talent.
Overnight at Villa San Paolo
Day 5 – Monday July 21
Breakfast and Arrivederci!
Click here for cost and availability
Cost listed includes:
- 4 night accommodation on a double occupancy basis in San Gimignano at Villa San Paolo and English speaking assistance throughout the program
- July 17: transfer and à-la-carte dinner at Bel Soggiorno restaurant in San Gimignano (all meals include house wine and mineral water; premium wines or spirits will be charged as extras)
- July 18: morning transfer to Antinori cellars. Private visit and wine tasting of 3 estate wines; à-la-carte lunch at Rinuccio 1180; early evening transfer to Monteriggioni and à-la-carte dinner at Il Pozzo (all meals include house wine and mineral water; premium wines or spirits will be charged as extras)
- July 19: morning transfer to Volterra and guided visit; à-la-carte lunch in Volterra at Enoteca Del Duca (the meal includes house wine and mineral water; premium wines or spirits will be charged as extras); early evening transfer to Badia a Passignano and à-la-carte dinner at Osteria di Passignano (the meal includes mineral water; Antinori wines or spirits will be charged as extras)
- July 20: morning transfer to Siena and guided visit; à-la-carte lunch in Siena at Osteria Le Logge; light dinner at Hotel; transfer to Bocelli concert and concert ticket (all meals include house wines and mineral water; premium wines or spirits will be charged as extras)
Single occupancy cost available upon request.
In addition to the above, we will be pleased to arrange any optional activity you may have in mind …simply ask us to organize your dream day! Whether it be sailing, golf or shopping, flying over the woodland in a private helicopter or hot-air balloon or driving a Supercar, we will be thrilled to arrange any type of adventurous or relaxing activity you may have in mind.